Women in Rail Mentoring Program
We are committed to promoting diversity and increasing female representation at all levels of the rail industry. Our Women in Rail Mentoring Program was established to support, guide and retain women working in rail through a tailored professional and leadership development program.
Female mentees are paired with male or female mentors who can share their own career experiences and offer advice to support the mentee’s career and leadership development. This is a program that has proved popular since its inception in 2019, empowering women to pursue rewarding careers in the industry.
The 2022 program will be delivered in a virtual format, with a face-to-face event for participants expected to take place later in the year, subject to COVID-19 restrictions.
Applications to become a mentee or mentor will open on Tuesday 15 February 2022. Be part of a mentoring program designed specifically for gender diversity champions in rail. Whether you are a mentor looking to make a difference or a mentee ready to take your next career step, our mentoring program provides a tailored professional development experience for people passionate about working in rail and making the industry more diverse.
What to expect
Based on the feedback of 2021 participants, the duration of the program has been increased from six to seven months to provide more time for the professional development of mentees.
The program will take place from late May to December 2022. You will need to spend an hour or two every two weeks speaking with your mentor or mentee and following up on any actions you may have agreed to take. You will also need to allocate about 25 hours of your time for training, reading and webinars over the life of the program.
- 15 February 2022 – Applications open
- 25 March 2022 – Applications close
- 30 April 2022 – Participants are confirmed
- Late May 2022 – Program commences
- December 2022 – Program concludes
Sponsorship of the program is open for the ARA member organisations only.
By sponsoring this program, you will:
- demonstrate your commitment to gender diversity in rail
- showcase your organisation’s gender diversity achievements
- promote your organisation’s brand to a broad audience of members and industry representatives
- access significant promotion opportunities for your corporate brand and additional mentee placement /event networking opportunities for your employees
To sponsor this program or for more information, please contact ARA Industry Development Manager Maria Morozova on 0499 919 496.