The Australasian Railway Association (ARA) hosted its 2021 Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 17 November 2021.
The following outcomes were confirmed at the meeting:
- Election of ARTC Managing Director and CEO Mark Campbell as General Director – Freight until the 2024 AGM
- Election of Arc Infrastructure Chief Executive Officer Murray Cook as General Director – Freight until the 2024 AGM
- Election of Keolis Downer Chief Executive Officer David Franks as General Director – Passenger until the 2024 AGM
- Endorsement of Rio Tinto Managing Director Port, Rail & Core Services – Iron Ore Richard Cohen as an Appointed Director until the 2022 AGM
- Re-election of ARA Chair Danny Broad as Independent Chair
- Approval of changes to the ARA Constitution
ARA Chair Danny Broad confirmed a quorum of ARA members were present at the meeting in accordance with the ARA Constitution.
The ARA extended its thanks to all candidates who nominated for positions on the ARA Board, noting the strong interest from senior rail industry executives to contribute to the future of the rail industry and the ARA.