The Australasian Railway Association represents major rail contractors in Australia and New Zealand. Advocating on behalf of these companies is the Rail Contractors Group.
Rail Contractors Group (RCG)
Formed in 2014, the RCG represents the interests of companies who build new infrastructure for the Australian and New Zealand Rail industry. These projects include track construction, tunnels, stations, signalling and electrification of railway networks. In addition to the domestic rail infrastructure construction these companies successfully tender for and deliver work all around the globe.
RCG Terms of Reference
The RCG Terms of Reference can be found here.
Current members of the contractors group are as follows:
- Malcolm Tinkler, McConnell Dowell (Chair)
- Michele Golda, Ansaldo STS
- David Robotham, Laing O’Rourke
- Andy Hunter, CPB Contractors
- Julian Sharp, CPB Contractors
- Paul Feris, Lend Lease
- Nabeel Sadaka, Downer Infrastructure
- Sean Bonham, Coleman Rail
- Gary Seabury, John Holland
- Bob Herbert, ARA
- Danny Broad, ARA
- Phil Allan, ARA
The RCG’s vision is to align the interests of major contractors through proactive advocacy to:
• build a pipeline of opportunities that endure in the longer term;
• enhance the environment and regulatory framework in which contractors operate; and
• establish best practice in project procurement, risk allocation, skills development, safety and construction innovation.
Strategy and Priorities
The RCG has developed its Strategy and Priorities 2015 - 2017. Please find the RCG Strategy, ‘Three Year Strategic Plan’ here.
Joining the RCG
Interested parties wishing to join the RCG please contact Phil Allan via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 6270 4507.