Understanding Rail Online Course - Sept/Oct 2023
Our highly popular Understanding Rail course is now online, bringing this comprehensive introduction to the rail industry straight to your home or office.
Whether you are new to the rail industry, have recently started a new role, or simply want to brush up on your industry knowledge, this is the ideal opportunity to take the next step in your career in rail.
Register to join this transformative, five-week experience to learn about the rail industry in Australia and New Zealand. Hear direct from industry leaders and experts as you work through this highly interactive program to lay the foundations for your career in rail.
This is a rare opportunity to boost your rail industry knowledge and learn from some of the industry's most respected experts.
Key Dates for your diary
|Wednesday 23 August 2023||Registrations close|
|Thursday 31 August 2023||Understanding Rail online course begins: learners receive log in details to access the course platform|
|Wednesday 6 September 2023 (12:00pm - 1:30pm AEDT)||Module 1 webinar Rail industry overview|
|Wednesday 13 September 2023 (12:00pm - 1:30pm AEDT)||Module 2 webinar Rail track infrastructure and rollingstock|
|Wednesday 20 September 2023 (12:00pm - 1:30pm AEDT)||Module 3 webinar Rail operations and safety|
|Wednesday 27 September 2023 (12:00pm - 1:30pm AEDT)||Module 4 webinar Passenger and freight rail|
|Wednesday 4 October 2023 (12:00pm - 1:30pm AEDT)||Module 5 webinar Contractors and the supply chain|
|Friday 6 October 2023||Course Ends|
It seems your browser doesn't support HTML5, so you will need to open this page in a new window.
Participants may cancel their enrolment at any time. Cancellations received ten (10) or more days before the commencement of the course will not incur any penalty. Cancellations received less than ten (10) days but prior to the commencement of the course will be required to pay 50% of the course fee. Cancellations received after the course has commenced will be required to pay 100% of the course fee.
Enrolment suspension and transfer
- Applications to suspend and transfer enrolment to the next course must be received by the course administrator before the start of Module 1.
- Applications for suspension and transfer received after commencement of Module 1 will incur a fee equal to 50% of the course registration fee to transfer to a future course.
- Participants who have transferred enrolment to a Course are able to recommence on the next available course only.
- Participants who are granted an enrolment suspension and transfer will be provided access to all modules of the subsequent Course. Any of the work completed on the Course portal (Cahoot) during the initial enrolment will not be transferred to the subsequent Program portal and will need to be re-completed by the participant.
- Course registration is not transferable between individuals, regardless of whether they work in the same organisation.
- Login details and credentials must not be shared. The use of generic email addresses (i.e. admin@ or assetteam@) are not encouraged.
Course fee payment
Participants must ensure course fee payments are complete prior to the commencement of the course. ARA will not grant access to the course until payment has been received. Full payment of the course is required before participants will be given access to the Portal.
Course closure and finalisation
Participants will have access to the online course environment (Cahoot) and tools for a reasonable period following the conclusion of the course to facilitate completion. A hard close date will be established for each course and participants will be notified of this via the Cahoot platform.
Our commitment to participants
- Facilitators and/or course convenors will respond to participant questions in a timely manner.
Cahoot Learning Accessibility Policy