Understanding Rail Course
If you are new to the Rail Industry, or have recently assumed a different or broader role, or perhaps you have been in rail for years and believe a refreshing update of the entire Australasian Rail Industry would be beneficial, then Understanding Rail is the course for you.
The two-day course has been designed for those interested in gaining an up-to-date, high level overview of all aspects of the Rail Industry including the operational, technical, legislative and business environment.
Speakers are drawn from ARA members and relevant Government organisations, and include CEOs, Executive General Managers, Executive Directors etc. The course is a great opportunity to learn from people who have been working in the rail industry for many years and gain from their wealth of knowledge and experience.
To ensure a friendly learning and networking environment, attendance numbers are set at 50.
2017 course dates:
- 10-11 May, Melbourne click here for registration form
- 25-26 July, Sydney
- 25-26 October, Brisbane
Feedback from previous course attendees
- Best course/conference on rail I have attended in 10 years in rail!
- Very informative course. Will highly recommend to colleagues.
- Fantastic overview of how all areas contribute to the running of rail.
- Wish I had done the course earlier, it is all starting to make sense now.
- Appreciated the content and make-up of the course, well put together and right interest level.
- Overall a really excellent course packed with valuable information.
- A thoroughly enjoyable two days – excellent networking opportunities.
- Overall a great two day course, very informative and practical to the Rail Industry. I enjoyed the variety of speakers.
- Rail is complex and fascinating. I know much more than I did before, and I believe I can serve the industry better.
- The Australasian Rail Industry
- Strategic Issues for the Rail Industry
- Challenges in Running a Passenger Network
- Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator
- Rail Safety and Regulations
- TrackSAFE Foundation
- Train Control and Signalling
- New and Future Technologies in Rail
- Track Infrastructure
- Track Access and Regulations
- Rail Operations
- Rail, Road and Sea – The Great Freight Debate
- Rail Projects – Case Studies
Registration includes the two-day course, hard copy and electronic versions of all presentations, networking dinner, morning, afternoon teas and lunches. Prices are in $AUD and include GST:
Please contact Events Manager, Janet Cameron via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 6270 4527.