Women in Rail Lunch
Rail is entering an exciting period as a result of unprecedented investment and expansion. This transformation provides rail with the unique opportunity to embrace change and improve gender diversity in the rail workforce, and we believe that everyone has a role to play in the journey. Data collected by the ARA in 2014 identified that women represent about 17 per cent of the rail workforce. While the rail industry is not alone in its low representation of women, the significant investment in industry presents all jurisdictions with the need to engage an increased workforce, providing rail with the perfect opportunity to address long-standing gender diversity issues within the industry.
To kick off the national plan, in line with International Women’s Day, the inaugural Women in Rail Lunch will be held at The Windsor Hotel, Melbourne on 8 March 2017. Join us for discussions on the major benefits of gender diversity, current barriers the rail industry is facing in this area and the vision to move forward.
A panel discussion will detail what has been done to date, what is underway and aim to be thought-provoking for new ideas as rail organisations actively embark on their gender diversity programs.
- Deborah Spring, Chair, Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board (RISSB)
- The Hon Jacinta Allan MP, Victorian Minister for Public Transport
- Michelle Doolan, Aurecon (winner of the Young Professionals Pitching competition at AusRAIL 2016 for her concept to use virtual reality to generate public excitement for rail infrastructure construction projects)
- Howard Collins OBE, Chief Executive, Sydney Trains and Chair of the ARA’s Passenger Transport Group
- David Irwin, Chief Executive Officer, Pacific National
Event Details -
Please note bookings for this lunch have closed as we have reach capacity for the venue. If you would like to go on the waiting list for a place at the lunch, please contact Events Manager, Janet Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Wednesday 8 March 2017
Venue: The Windsor Hotel, Melbourne
Time: 12pm – 3pm (registration from 12 midday and panel discussion 1.10-1.50pm)
Cost (incl GST):
- ARA Members $80 per person, $720 for a table of 10
- Non-Members $96 per person, $864 for a table of 10
Registration: Bookings for this lunch have closed as we have reach capacity for the venue. If you would like to go on the waiting list for a place at the lunch, please contact Events Manager, Janet Cameron at email@example.com.
We are aiming to achieve a gender diverse attendance. Thus, we ask that you consider a 50/50 male/female ratio of attendees when booking a table of 10.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available for this event. Please click below to download the registration forms:
For further information please contact Events Manager, Janet Cameron via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 6270 4527.