The Board of the Australasian Railway Association shapes the priorities and sets the policy directions of the organisation. Board Members – drawn from the most senior levels of industry - draw on their expertise and industry leadership to ensure a focus on the reforms, policies and projects that will build a better Australia.
At the Annual General Meeting on 22 November 2016, members of the Australasian Railway Association (ARA) elected a new Board to lead the organisation. The new ARA Board has eight General Directors and four Industry Sector Directors.
General Directors of ARA’s Board are:
- Bob Herbert AM, Independent Board Chairman, ARA
- Danny Broad, Chief Executive Officer, ARA
- Howard Collins OBE, Chief Executive, Sydney Trains
John Fullerton, Chief Operating Officer and Managing Director, Australian Rail Track Corporation
- David Irwin, Chief Executive Officer, Pacific National
- Andrew Lezala, Managing Director, Metro Trains Australia
Karl Mociak, Executive General Manager Rail Strategy and International Business, John Holland
Alan Beacham, Executive General Manager Rail and Defence, UGL
Industry Sector Directors are:
- Representing the Passenger Transport Group: Emma Thomas, Director General, Transport Canberra and City Services
- Representing the Freight Transport Group: Damien White, Chief Operating Officer, TasRail
- Representing the Rail Industry Group: Michael Miller, Chief Operating Officer, Downer Rail
- Representing the Rail Contractors Group: Julian Sharp, Project Director, CPB Contractors (AGM – LXRP Caulfield to Dandenong)